.223 Load For 69 grain SMK and TAC?

Crusader

I have some various leftover powders and bullets I'd like to use up, including some 69 grain Sierra Matchkings and some TAC powder. Has anyone used that bullet and powder combo in a .223 with satisfactory results and if so, would you have any load data to share?

Thanks.

I know you are asking about TAC powder loads in a .223, but I pretty much exclusively use Sierra bullets in shooting paper. Just last week I loaded some 69 gr SMK bullets seated .001 into the lands being pushed by 25.5 gr of H335 w/CCI 400 primers into my Savage Model 12 VLP bolt gun. Had very good results @100 yds with 5 shot groups at or under 1/2". That was the best success I've had with shooting 69 gr SMK bullets in this rifle that has a 1 in 9 barrel twist. TAC unfortunately, isn't listed in Sierra Manual for this bullet. Good luck!

Never cared for TAC for anything over 60 grs myself. It's the best I've used for 50 and 55's but it doesn't give me the best groups with the heavyweights. That's what I have Varget for.

24.0gr TAC with 69gr Nosler BTHP and CCI primers loaded to mag length. Very accurate out of my RRA match rifle. Use it mostly for Rattle Battle matches.

Back